FAQ : Miscellaneous
- 1. How long are most performances?
- Performance times vary. Some show are as short as 90 minutes but most range from 2 to 2 1/2 hours including a 15-minute intermission. For the running time of a particular show, contact our Box Offoce at (949) 497-ARTS (497-2787) Ext. 1
- 2. Are program books available?
- Programs with full details about the show and cast are provided free of charge at all performances.
- 3. When do the doors open prior to each performance?
- The doors open approximately 30 minutes before the scheduled performance time.
- 4. Are children allowed to attend the shows?
- For the comfort and convenience of all our patrons, children under the age of five, including babes in arms, are not permitted. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Also, many Mainstage shows are not appropriate for children. Please see show descriptions on this site for information about content. If you still have questions, please phone our Ticket Services staff.
- 5. Are there special services for the hearing impaired?
- Sennheiser infrared listening devices are available for every show at no charge. Headsets may be obtained prior to the performance at the bar free of charge by providing an ID card.
- 6. Can I bring food into the theatre?
- As with almost all theatres, food and drink are not permitted in the auditorium itself. However, prior to the show and at intermission you can purchase snacks and drinks to enjoy on the patio or in the lobby.
- 7. Are cameras or recording devices allowed?
- Out of respect for our patrons, the artists and crew, no cameras or recording devices of any kind are permitted during most shows. Although cell phones—some of which may have recording capability—are permitted, they must be switched off at all times in the theatre and reactivated only when you leave after the performance.
- 8. How many seats are there in your theatre?
- The Laguna Playhouse offers an intimate theatre of 420 seats.
- 9. Do you have a gift shop?
- From time to time, scripts and recordings may be available for sale in The Playhouse lobby.
- 10. How do I notify you if my address has changed?
- Please notify our Box Office so our records may be updated. Phone (949) 497-ARTS (497-2787) Ext.1 during business hours or mail your change of address to: Box Office. The Laguna Playhouse, P.O. Box 1747, Laguna Beach, CA 92652. You may also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 11. How do I get on your mailing list?
- Phone (949) 497-ARTS (497-2787) Ext.1 during business hours; e-mail us at email@example.com; or mail your request to: Box Office, The Laguna Playhouse, P.O. Box 1747, Laguna Beach, CA 92652.
- 12. Can I purchase a gift certificate?
- The Laguna Playhouse offers gift certificates in any denomination that can be used to purchase tickets. They never expire. They can be purchased at the ticket office or online.
- 13. Does The Laguna Playhouse rent out costumes?
- We’re sorry to disappoint you but no, we do not rent costumes.
- 14. I’m having trouble using your website. What should I do?
- If you experience any difficulties with ordering tickets online, simply call our Box Office at (949) 497-ARTS (497-2787) ext.1 and we’ll be delighted to confirm your order.
- 15. What are “preview” performances?
- Preview performances are given in the first week in the run of a production, before the show is officially opened for review by the critics. Preview performances offer the full production but since they are the first opportunities we have to run the show before a paying audience, we offer previews at a slightly discounted rate from the regular, post official opening, run.
- 16. How many shows do you perform each season?
- Our typical Mainstage season schedule offers five full-scale productions, spread throughout the year from one July to the next, with 36 performances of each including previews. Although Mondays are often “dark,” the theatre may house others events.
- 17. Can I send you a FAX?
- Yes. For subscriber ticket exchanges and orders, FAX: 949-497-6948. For the administrative office (executive and artistic) FAX: 949-376-8185. For the development office and marketing office FAX: 949-464-0799.
- 18. Are restaurants/hotel accommodations within walking distance?
- Laguna Beach offers a host of amenities including a range of restaurants and hotels within easy walking distance. Please contact the Laguna Beach Visitor’s Bureau (800) 877-1115 or visit its website at www.lagunabeachinfo.org.
- 19. If I have a suggestion or complaint to whom do I speak?
- Call the Box Office at (949) 497-ARTS Ext 1. Someone will be glad to help you and if necessary forward your call to the relevant staff member.
- 20. How do I place an advertisement in one of your publications?
- For information about advertising in our house program, which reaches more than 10,000 patrons for each production, contact Joleen Parham, (714) 997-2558.
- 21. Do your shows start on time?
- Almost without exception, the lights go down about five minutes after the announced start time. The start time fluctuates depending on the line at the box office. However, to avoid a last-minute scramble, it is always wise to be in your seat well before the scheduled curtain time.
- 22. Who builds your sets?
- Almost all of our sets are built from scratch by a talented crew of workers and designers in our own scenic shop located in Laguna Hills.
- 23. How do I contact you?
- You can contact staff members during regular business hours by calling one of the following numbers: Box Office (949) 497-ARTS (497-2787) Ext. 1. The administrative office can be reached by calling (949) 497-ARTS (497-2787) and dialing the appropriate extension from our staff directory.
- 24. Is the theatre available for rental?
Yes! We have several options, based upon availability, to meet your rental and performance/presentation needs. We offer several options including technical aspects such as sound, staging and lighting for your event. Please contact Michael Barker or ( 949) 497-2787 Ext 214for further information or visit our Theatre Rental page.